As of December 2019, I have retired my practice and no longer work in the Visalia office. For any matters requiring my attention, please contact one of my colleagues at the 1212 West Main Street office, 559.738.0644.
Raised in the Central Valley of California in a large family of doctors and nurses, I have always known the value of our individual and relationship health. Inherently I have been sensitive to the importance of truly being known as an individual while also being able to live well and be supportive of a family unit.
This has given me great awareness of the natural differences between us all and how these differences can create and enhance healthy and intimate relationships.
I earned both my bachelors and masters degrees from Arizona State University:
• Arizona State University, Bachelor of Science, 1976
• Arizona State University, Masters in Counseling, 1979
I returned to the Central Valley and began a rewarding career working in a variety of medical, mental health, school, work, and academic settings, including employee assistance services, community mental health screenings and critical incident response. I have taught undergraduate psychology courses and graduate students in counseling, and have also supervised MFT Interns and provided counseling to graduate students in the field.
As a founding member of The Helix Group since 1988, I have been able to enjoy professional relationships and collaborations with local respected colleagues. I am a Clinical Member of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists and hold a Community College Teaching Credential in Psychology.
As a Certified Gottman Couples Therapist, I participate in their professional training programs and effectively integrate much of what I have learned into my personal and professional work.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, MFC21145
- Certified Gottman Therapist
- Clinical Member, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- California Community College Instructor, Psychology
- Advanced Bereavement Facilitator training
- Clinical Supervisor CAMFT training
- Private Practice since 1988
- Adjunct Instructor, California State University, Fresno and College of the Sequoias
- On-site Employee Assistance Counselor, CIGNA and Kaweah Delta Health Care District
- Clinician for Adults and Adolescents, Kings View Mental Health-Kings County
In my free time, I am cooking, conversing and celebrating around a table of family and friends, enjoying the arts and the beauty of the Central Coast.