Raised in the Central Valley of California in a large family of doctors and nurses, I have always known the value of our individual and relationship health. Inherently I have been sensitive to the importance of truly being known as an individual while also being able to live well and be supportive of a family unit.
This has given me great awareness of the natural differences between us all and how these differences can create and enhance healthy and intimate relationships.
I earned both my bachelors and masters degrees from Arizona State University:
• Arizona State University, Bachelor of Science, 1976
• Arizona State University, Masters in Counseling, 1979
I returned to the Central Valley and began a rewarding career working in a variety of medical, mental health, school, work, and academic settings, including employee assistance services, community mental health screenings and critical incident response. I have taught undergraduate psychology courses and graduate students in counseling, and have also supervised MFT Interns and provided counseling to graduate students in the field.
As a founding member of The Helix Group since 1988, I have been able to enjoy professional relationships and collaborations with local respected colleagues. I am a Clinical Member of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists and hold a Community College Teaching Credential in Psychology.
As a Certified Gottman Couples Therapist, I participate in their professional training programs and effectively integrate much of what I have learned into my personal and professional work.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, MFC21145
- Certified Gottman Therapist
- Clinical Member, California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- California Community College Instructor, Psychology
- Advanced Bereavement Facilitator training
- Clinical Supervisor CAMFT training
- Private Practice since 1988
- Adjunct Instructor, California State University, Fresno and College of the Sequoias
- On-site Employee Assistance Counselor, CIGNA and Kaweah Delta Health Care District
- Clinician for Adults and Adolescents, Kings View Mental Health-Kings County
In my free time, I am cooking, conversing and celebrating around a table of family and friends, enjoying the arts and the beauty of the Central Coast.